Thursday, March 31, 2005

Trying to be lazy

I'm trying to rest up a bit, honest I am, but life just keeps getting in the way. Yesterday the surveyor came to inspect the void under our doorstep, so I had to get up by midday in case he came a bit early, before John got home. Needless to say he was a bit late, but not too much so.

He had a good look, and poked and prodded a bit with a broom handle, and then took photos. He thinks that probably the area under the step wasn't consolidated properly when we had the underpinning done, but since that was 18 years ago now it's too late to go back to the contractor. He suggest we just pack the void with sand and cement mix, but first we have to get United Utilities to come in to check for leaks in our water main in case the movement has caused some seepage from tiny fractures - we're pretty certain the pipe is the original lead pipe, so that may be quite likely.

This afternoon Ray is coming over to replace the rear brakes on the car - at least I think it's the rear brakes. We also need a new rear tyre - it's just non stop!

I did manage some gentle colouring in yesterday, another in The Return of Spring collaborative colouring book. I find that on days when I'm just a bit too shattered to draw for myself it can be relaxing to play with a colouring book.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

It good to see the sunshine! And, thanks for the link to the colouring book. Take care.
;~) Sharon

Anonymous said...

Keep it up. I enjoy your nice blog. check out my raw food diet site. It pretty much covers raw food diet related stuff.

Anonymous said...

I was surfing through a few blogs and came across yours and wanted to say very nice job on the content, so I have bookmarked your site for future reference.

Just in case you are interested I have a gardening information
site. It pretty much covers gardening information related stuff.

Stop by sometime :=)

Emma said...

Hi,

Thanks for your blog related to post viral fatigue. I have a post viral fatigue blog that you might want to have a look at. It's in the early stages, but I'm hoping it will be useful for other sufferers of PVS and related illlnesses.

Cheers,
Emma

Silvianne said...

I just came across a great gardening website called AtlGardening.com*. Not only does it feature articles for the gardening enthusiast, but has become a great gardening catalog
resource for me in my landscaping effort. The webmaster of this site has recently added a book section that seemed to expand everytime I go there.
What I like about it is that I get instant access to the book and don't have to wait for the book(s) to arrive which of course saves me money.....no shipping charges.... in some cases. Great idea. I love it. You must check it out today. Let me know what you think.

Wheel Chairs Center said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. Keep up the great work! I also have a site & blog about wheelchair accessories
, please feel free to visit.