Thursday, September 13, 2007

End of an Era

We had a phone call from the hospital to say Mum's breathing had changed around mid day. I didn't manage to take the call as I was in the bath and couldn't get out fast enough. So John took the call at work and then phoned me back.

John came back from work to take me to the hospital.

Mum died shortly before we arrived.

We were able to spend some time with her, and everyone was very kind. I talked to her, and stroked her forehead. I told her again that I love her. I know that it may sound silly to some folks, but it made me feel better to talk to her.

We then entered the more surreal part, but don't feel up to writing about that just now.

When we got home John spent a long time phoning family and friends.

I guess the best way to describe how I feel is numb.

11 comments:

Robyn said...

Hugs and prayers, dear Maggie.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.
Hold her memories close to your heart and she will be forever a presence in your life.
Hugs,
Josephine

Peri said...

So sorry to read your sad news. My hugs and thoughts are with you and your family.

Mary said...

All my love to you and your family.

Wye Sue said...

Thinking of you, I hope your memories of the past can get you through to the future...
Take care of yourselves,
Much love Sue

Anonymous said...

Dear Maggie, thinking of you and all your family at this time. So, glad you were able to have those moments with your Mum, hold on to them and all the happy memories you have. Love and {{HUGS}} to you, T xx

Cusp said...

Thinking of you all

Probably Jane said...

I'm so sorry. Will be thinking of you.

Jane

DD said...

Maggie, sending you loads of love, you are really going through it lately.

Mary Anne said...

Maggie,
I am late posting this comment, but I just want to say how sorry I am for the loss of your mom. My thoughts are with you and your family.

seahorse said...

I too am late but so sorry, and wish you healing and peace